Dümmen Orange is an internationally leading breeding company focused on cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. For our Production department in Fides Kenya, we are looking for a Head Grower.
Our organization grows and flourishes. This results in a fast-changing and, therefore, challenging environment. As Head Grower you will be expected to transform untapped potential of Fides Kenya growing team into one of the top growing teams within the DO group. You will report directly to the Managing Director and give guidance to a team of 5 professionals. Ownership, innovation and proactiveness are the values you live and work by.
Your tasks and responsibilities
• Manage budget/department costs;
• Come up with methods for reducing inputs (such as but not limited to: chemicals and fertilizers) without deviating from factor and quality;
• Performance delivery (quotif);
• Improve the factor by 2% on what has been committed before season has started;
• Ensuring the irrigators are utilized effectively on value adding activities and meet the set targets;
• Internal policies.
• Relevant degree in horticulture, floriculture, agriculture or crop protection;
• 3-5 years of experience in a flower farm in the same capacity;
• Excellent leadership and management skills;
• Good command of the English language, both verbal and written;
• Analytical mindset, excellent interpersonal and communication skills and team player facilitating cross-functional collaboration;
• Proficient computer skills in MS Office applications, particularly with Excel;
• Drive for improvements and motivated by rapidly changing organizations.
Dümmen Orange has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers plenty of room for personal growth and development to its employees. We have an informal and easily accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important.
You will receive a good competitive salary based on your experience. Other benefits include: housing/health care insurance/tickets/car.
Dümmen Orange is a worldwide leader in breeding and development of flowers and plants. Our annual turnover is around 370 million euro. We have more than 7.300 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to our Dümmen Orange success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. We take pride in our corporate social responsibility efforts investing in the health, safety, and personal development of our staff as well as in innovative and sustainable techniques.
Click on the button below to apply for this job. If you have questions about the job, you can contact Anita Muthaura (Human Resource Manager), via firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Acquisition with reference to this advertisement will not be appreciated.