Production Manager Elite Department Location Ethiopia
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. For our Elite department based in Ethiopia, we are looking for a Production Manager.
Our organization grows and flourishes. This results in a fast-changing and, therefore, challenging environment. As Production Manager of our Elite department you are responsible for the overall management of around 200 employees together with an experienced local management team. Our Elite department in Ethiopia is responsible for building up mother plant stock and ensuring that only pathogen-free material is being utilized as “starting material” for our 40 hectare production farm. As Production Manager you assure that this build-up is done in the most hygienic way and in outstanding quality.
Your tasks and responsibilities
• Mother plant crop culture of all Elite stages for Pelargonium and Poinsettia including crop maintenance, irrigation, fertigation and climatic management;
• Planning of PGR applications and follow-up of plant protection schedules;
• Build-up propagation for Elite increase steps and the production of mother plants for the full 40 hectare production surface;
• Strict follow-up and further improvement of Elite hygienic rules;
• Planning activities for Elite increase steps and propagation;
• Implementation and further development of Elite Standard Operation Procedures;
• Managing and coaching employees of the Elite department;
• International communication regarding to hygiene improvements, Elite cutting shipments and build-up planning.
• Bachelor degree or similar practical education in Horticulture or related fields;
• 3-5 years of work experience in Floriculture or related fields and min. of 2 years of work experience in a leading position;
• Excellent command of the English language, both verbal and written;
• Practical job training experience as Grower is an asset;
• Work experience in East Africa is an asset;
• Candidates without required years of professional experience but with high personal qualifications are also invited to apply.
Dümmen Orange has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers its employees plenty of room for personal growth and development. We have an informal and easy accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important.
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of flowers and plants. Its annual turnover is about 350 million euro. The company employs over 7.300 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to Dümmen Orange’s success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. The company embraces its social responsibilities and invests in the health, safety and personal development of its staff.
Click on the button below to apply for this job. If you have questions about the job, you can contact Yordanos Jemal Shkuri (Deputy General Manager), via +49 2843 9299 0.